The Daily Colonist, September 22, 1914
Mon, 2014/09/22 - 8:45am « previous next »
#dailycolonist1914 - News out of Victoria, British Columbia, 100 years ago today:
- British troops sent to assist Japanese in taking German territory in China
- Demonstrations in Italy in support of Britain
- Concern that war-time drop in fur trade will adversely affect "the Indians and Eskimos in the Far North".
- Outrage over German shelling of the cathedral in Rheims.
- Editorial on "German Culture" that pretty much blames everything on Nietzsche [Reproduced in full in 3 chunks. Andromeda fans will find this particularly amusing.]
- The ads that caught my eye today.