#dailycolonist1914 - News out of Victoria, British Columbia, 100 years ago today.
No reports of the Christmas Truce yet. It's assumed that there was heavy fighting on Christmas Day, and the Christmas Day British raid on the German port of Cuxhaven is reported in detail. In other news:
• Two Canadians escape from the Tower of London
• Turkish outrages againt Christian Armenians
• American terrorists plotting to attack Vancouver
• Extensive fortifications around Paris completed
• Civilians in London warned to take cover during air-raids
• Things happening with the Italians in Albania that only make sense with historical hindsight
• Canadian soldiers shoot two Americans, and
• American fishermen in Alaska whine about Canadian competition.