The Daily Colonist, October 22, 1914
« previous next »
#dailycolonist1914 - News out of Victoria, British Columbia, 100 years ago today.
- Panoramic view of River Aisne
- Germans planning aerial raid on London. London preparing.
- Evidence that Germans had been laying foundations for gun emplacements near Dunkirk before the war started.
- Evidence that Germany established a supply and communications network in Russian Poland before war started.
- Sedro-Woolley bank robbery suspects arrested in Burnaby
- Internments of "enemy aliens" beginning in England [Canada won't be far behind]
- Quarter page ad urging merchants to push "Made in Canada" goods.
- Ad for gasoline at 18¢ per gallon [that's about 3.9¢ per litre]
- Fantastically illustrated quarter page ad for Fry's Cocoa